I want to wish all of you a wonderful start to your weekend. I plan on getting some writing accomplished this weekend, plus celebrate Texas Independence Day at our downtown festival with a parade, chuck wagons, country music, and (I hope) funnel cakes. Texans know how to celebrate themselves, y’all. After the craziness around here this week, I could use a funnel cake. I deserve one.
Here’s what’s been going on:
(Starting at Flowers then follow clockwise)
1. Flowers: My church has a women’s ministry where the “more experienced” ladies teach the younger ones a new craft, usually something that’s somewhat of a lost art. This week, we learned flower arranging, and I did this one all my myself!
2. My sous chef prepping my meatballs for baking. After baking about 40 minutes, I pop these babies in freezer baggies.
3. Homemade bread: Isn’t it pretty?
4. Perks of homeschooling: When you are six, you can convince everyone that Tuesdays are Super Hero Days.
5. My middle son saw one episode of American Ninja Warrior at my mom’s house a couple of weekends ago. Our backyard is now an obstacle course.
6. We had to have a creative parenting moment on Monday, defining what a peaceful home should look like.