I’m not a salesperson by any means, but I’ve had several people ask me how to help get my little blog off the ground. I thought I would offer some easy ways to show support for my blog, and in turn, help build my audience.
Check Out That Sidebar:
1. Follow This Blog: There are several ways to follow me. You can “like” my Facebook page (Just look at the right sidebar for easy access). It’s very simple to do that. You can also subscribe via email (also in the sidebar). With an email subscription, you will receive a notification every time I update my blog.
2. Follow Me: I am active on Twitter, Pinterest, and GoodReads. Twitter is a great way to show support, and it’s a quick way to get in touch with me. GoodReads is like Facebook for book readers. You can track your reading progress, write and read reviews, get recommendations, etc. I also use Pinterest for ideas for me, and I’m going to use it to track my reading progress throughout this year. How does this help me? Well, the more followers I have, the more street cred I have. Or something.
3. Amazon Affiliate Links: Amazon has an affiliate program where anytime you buy a book or another product from Amazon using my affiliate link, I receive a teeny-tiny percentage of the sale. You can access my affiliate link on the sidebar of my blog. I also link all of my book recommendations through my Amazon affiliate. However, once you click to Amazon through my link, you can shop anywhere on Amazon, and if you buy something, I get credit. Doing this allows me to build up some credit with my Amazon account, and I can buy new books or e-books for my Kindle this way. It’s a win-win for both of us. You get a new Kindle eBook, a pair of floppy bunny ear slippers, and a vat of coconut oil, I get 75 cents to go towards buying eBooks.
4. Swagbucks: Swagbucks is a search engine. I’ve always equated it with an arcade. Except instead of playing ski ball, you search the internet, using Swagbucks as your internet browser. In turn, instead of tickets or tokens, you earn “Swagbucks.” After gaining enough Swagbucks from all of your internet browsing, you then cash in those points for awesome prizes. But instead of a mood ring or a slap bracelet, you can get an Amazon gift card or cold hard digital cash right into your PayPal account. Use the link in my sidebar to sign up, and I get points every time you get points. It’s free to join, doesn’t cause your computer to explode or anything, and you get free stuff.
5. I also like gift cards. Kidding. Sort of. Since I started this blog, I’ve actually had friends and family send me a Kindle as well as Amazon gift cards. My friends rock.
6. Exposure: I will continue to churn out awesomeness from the depths of my brain, and you guys can spread the news about my awesomeness. If you like a post, share it with your friends. Comment on things you like and don’t like. Chat it up with other commenters. Keep the discussion going. People like discussion. More than anything, I want to know more about you guys. I like communication and dialogue. I ask you to be respectful, but I would like to know what you think.
Feel free to email me or contact me through my various forms of social media. I would love to hear what you think, especially with post ideas. I can easily get in a rut. Thanks guys!
*This post contains affiliate links.